Thursday, November 30, 2017

Their Health System or An Actual Health Plan?

It was ironic that at 52 years old, the president of the AHA (American Heart Association) had a heart attack.  Did you believe the AHA gave good advice?

Today I read that someone had died this past March because he couldn't afford the cost of his needed insulin.  My father had diabetes and had been on insulin, then changed his diet and no longer needed the insulin.  Could this person have done the same?  Does your doctor talk about your diet with you?

Here are some statistics from the results of the U.S. spending more than any other nation for healthcare:  Health Statistics - why would you trust so-called Healthcare?   I don't.

What do the above three paragraphs logically lead to?  Each person needs to take responsibility for his or her own health.   I found this out many years ago when I was having health problems and the doctors, after running a series of tests offered nothing - they said I had "nervous stomach" and to stay out of stressful situations.  Nothing about diet or nutrition.  That was when I lost faith in our medical system.  I needed to feel better, so went to the healthiest looking person I knew and asked him what he did - he looked like a photo on the cover of those Greek mythology books.  I figured if whatever he was doing worked so well for him, I had to give it a try.  He told me to find a book called Health Secrets of the Hunza and follow their diet.  I found the book and followed the diet, and not only did my stomach issue go away over a period of about 6 months, but so did several other problems.

Years ago in a photography class, the professor said two things that are excellent advice for life in general:  1.  Eliminate the variables; 2.  Whatever you do, take it to the next step.  In this case, the variables are diet, exercise, supplements, sleep, etc.  After changing my diet, the next step was adding supplements to my diet.  This phase took years of trial and error to find what worked best.

What is the Hunza diet and what does it do?  It is a diet of whole foods - no chemicals, no artificial ingredients, no food coloring, no GMO's, no fructose or sugar, no pesticides or herbicides, no fast food, just food that grows out of the ground as nature intended.  Hunza has no sickness, no colds, flu, diabetes, cancer, heart disease, etc.  They have no need for vaccines or medicine (except for injuries).   Many of them live to be over 100.  Their health insurance is their diet.  Here is a link describing some of their foods - Hunza Diet.

You can't eliminate all the variables, but you can eliminate most of them.  Don't forget, if doctors taught you how to stay well with the above information, you probably wouldn't need them anymore.  Instead, they'll give you drugs to hide your symptoms and have a customer for life.

Bottom line - it's your choice - eat healthily and probably stay healthy, or eat the typical American diet and get sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, not to mention going broke paying for insurance, drugs and medical care, and when you can't afford those anymore....

No comments: